Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Flu (Flu Attack)

I know, I know...I haven't posted in a very long time. But I only have 5 episodes left. I have to finish!

So...

   There's not much to be said about this episode as it is all very straight forward. The girls are preparing to attend a banquet but they all come down with the flu (except Sophia)! They attend the banquet in spite of their shared illness, however. Basically, it's a chance for the audience to laugh at the girls' crankiness and spiteful behavior toward one another.

I have a few thoughts to add, but really there's no need to break this one down at all. It doesn't even have a subplot to address.

-I love Dorothy's flawless grammar. She uses the phrase "I couldn't care less" rather than "I could care less." The latter drives me bonkers!

- The show really is ahead of its time. It features a female doctor, acknowledges the lack of women in the profession, and then goes on to reference transgendered people as well...albeit jokingly, but not in a way that is hurtful or cruel.

-I love how they still pile on the make up despite the fact that the girls are supposed to be sick. Got to love the bright pink lipstick and electric blue eyeshadow!

-I've never looked at pesto the same since hearing the story that it was originally intended as ear salve. I know it's fictional, but it still paints an unpleasant picture!

-The bickering in this episode is legendary! Usually 2 are fighting but it's hilarious when they all are at odds!

-The outfit that was supposedly Don Johnson's was also used in the episode "Nice and Easy." Blanche's niece goes out with a man (Ed) who's obsessed with Miami Vice and he is sporting that same outfit on the show.


Cheesecake count: 1

References: Carry Grant, Norman Mailer, Don Johnson

Quote of the day:

"I haven't had to disappoint so many men since daddy tore down the treehouse."- Blanche

St.Olaf v. Sicily:  0 to 1
*Remember that I only count Rose and Sophia stories if they begin with "Back in St. Olaf" or "Picture it. Sicily..."*

No comments:

Post a Comment